[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] COOP testing and RFCs

Christine Caruso.Magee - NOAA Federal chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 4 14:46:37 UTC 2015

Hi All,

  Michelle asked me to clarify our discussion at yesterday's local
Centers/NHC CCB re: COOP testing and RFCs.

  If you wish to perform a COOP drill or test your COOP practices, there is
no need to file an RFC to do this.  The NCO CM Plan/Configurable Items list
currently states that changes to your  COOP Plan's documentation must be
RFC'ed, but I've been assigned an Action Item to reassess this (along with
the need to RFC *any* controlled documentation).  Rest assured that any RFC
to a security-related item is not published in the weekly RFC memo, nor are
specifics into these items ever disseminated to recipients of the RFC
memos.

  Once a final decision re: the status of RFCing changes to controlled
documentation has been determined, I will send that out to you all, as well
as updating the CM Plan and CI list.

chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov