[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] RFCs during CWD

Christine Caruso.Magee - NOAA Federal chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 25 15:34:26 UTC 2014

Hi All,

  NCO has a process we follow re: implementation of RFCs and SOE entries
during CWD.  I need to talk to Ben and Michelle to see what I should do re:
your Centers for this same issue.

  For now, I ask that you get Managerial permission for all implementations
you have scheduled during CWD.  If you have something that needs to be done
to fix something that's broken, or you have a change to be made in support
of something operational, please let your managers know.  The SDM needs to
know as well.

  Mark Klein made an accelerated change this morning that was directly in
support of the East Coast snowstorm, so that needed to go through.  Other
RFCs you might have that are scheduled for today and are routine should
have additional scrutiny.  Do they really need to be implemented during
CWD, or can they wait until CWD is over?  Minimize the risk to operations!

  Any questions, please let me know.

chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov