[Ncep.hmon] Fwd: 2018 WGNE Blue Book deadline is coming
Avichal Mehra - NOAA Federal
avichal.mehra at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 18 00:33:50 UTC 2018
A good opportunity to write a 2 page paper and get international exposure.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Hart <mary.hart at noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 1:34 PM
Subject: 2018 WGNE Blue Book deadline is coming
To: NCEP All EMC <ncep.all.emc at noaa.gov>, Gang Zhao - NOAA Affiliate <
gang.zhao at noaa.gov>, Mary Hart <Mary.Hart at noaa.gov>
The deadline for EMC to send contributions to the Blue Book is 13 May. *Your
deadline to send contributions to me so EMC management can view them for
submission is 9 May.* *You should not be sending your contributions
directly to WGNE.* You can send me either word or pdf formats. I can
convert your word docs to pdf before submitting them.
You also need to indicate which of these categories your contribution
1. Assimilation of atmospheric and land observations. Data impact and
sensitivity studies. Methodological advances.
2. Data sets, diagnostic and dynamical investigations, statistical
post-processing, reanalysis, and associated studies.
3. Computational studies including new techniques, parallel processing,
GPUs. Effects of model resolution.
4. Parameterization of atmospheric and surface processes, effects of
different physical parameterizations.
5. Development of and studies with regional and convective-scale
atmospheric models and ensembles.
6. Developments in global forecast models, case studies, predictability
investigations, global ensembles.
7. Global and regional climate models, sensitivity and impact
experiments, response to external forcing, monthly and seasonal forecasting.
8. Development of and advances in ocean, sea-ice, and wave modelling
and data assimilation.
9. Development of and studies with coupled and Earth system models and
data assimilation systems.
10. Forecast verification: methods and studies.
The length of the contribution (including any diagrams, figures, tables,
references) must not exceed the equivalent of two printed single-spaced
pages. A title (in bold), the author's names and affiliations, and e-mail
address must be included (see http://bluebook.meteoinfo.ru/tables_bb.html
for examples). Portable document format (PDF) is greatly preferred.
Mary L Hart
EMC Info Officer
Dr. Avichal Mehra Avichal.Mehra at noaa.gov
Acting Chief, Coupling & Dynamics Group in Modeling & Data Assimilation
Lead Physical Scientist NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC
5830 University Research Court Room 2104
College Park Ph. 301-683-3746
MD 20740 Fax: 301-683-3703
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.hmon