[meg.infolist.announce] 4-2 MEG

Geoffrey Manikin - NOAA Federal geoffrey.manikin at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 1 19:11:04 UTC 2020

*Important:   The MEG is excited to be able to continue our webinars, but
all of our speakers will be presenting remotely, so it is critical that all
audience members put their phones on mute, as we have limited ability for
all of our presenters to mute everyone.    Don't let your background
conversation or keyboard typing ruin the webinar for everyone else.*

*Also note that our telecon line maxes out at 100 participants, and we are
approaching this limit now due to EMC staff participating individually.
 We are currently testing google hangout options for upcoming webinars at
which we expect a particularly large audience.*

The next Model Evaluation Group meeting will be held on Thursday, April 2
 at 11:30 AM EDT.  We will record the meeting; all recordings and
presentations can be found  in
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BySqFAN_J6G4cWdpNzBRMkM4ZVE.
 Please note that all GEFS evaluation presentations are available on
the GEFSv12
evaluation site <https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/users/meg/gefsv12/retros/>.

    The MEG continues its series of webinars on the GEFSv12 evaluation.
*Logan Dawson *will review GEFSv12 performance for severe weather
forecasting applications
*Shannon Shields *will review GEFSv12 performance on selected low skill
periods
*Geoff Manikin *will review GEFSv12 performance for winter temperatures

Link to join the meeting:
https://ncwcp-meet.webex.com/ncwcp-meet/j.php?MTID=mb3c9cea7ef4d78278fb220e938d1aa78
Meeting number:  904 562 068

Telecon info:
866-756-2072
4546287#    (please mute your phone! and please don't put the call on hold!)