[meg.infolist.announce] Fwd: Update to GFS v15 parallel on nomads

Brian Gross - NOAA Federal brian.gross at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 22 15:54:01 UTC 2019

Greetings everyone. In my email to you on March 30, I described a set of
model changes made by EMC as a result of the excessive snow totals and
exacerbated cold bias observed in the real-time parallel runs of GFSv15
(FV3-based GFS) this past winter. EMC evaluated these model changes, and I
described the benefits of the new configuration in that same email.

Now, those model changes are being expressed in the data available in the
real-time parallel of GFSv15, as described below in Steven's email.

Cheers,

Brian D. Gross
Director, NOAA/NWS/NCEP/Environmental Modeling Center

5830 University Research Court, Room 2050
College Park, MD 20740

Email: Brian.Gross at noaa.gov
Phone: 301-683-3748
Cell:  609-439-9702