[meg.infolist.announce] 4-26 MEG

Geoffrey Manikin - NOAA Federal geoffrey.manikin at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 25 18:32:36 UTC 2018

The next Model Evaluation Group meeting will be held on Thursday April 26
at 11:30 AM EDT in room 2890 of the NCWCP.   We will record the meeting;
all recordings and presentations can be found in   https://drive.google.com/
drive/folders/0BySqFAN_J6G4cWdpNzBRMkM4ZVE       The new MEG google
calendar invitation is now active;  if you haven't been added and would
like to be, please send me a request.

  *Tracey Dorian*  will discuss Tropical Cyclone Gita, the first major
cyclone of the 2017-18 South Pacific cyclone season.

  *Fanglin Yang* will review GFS verification scores for 2017.

     Note that we are expecting to have a formal evaluation period for the
FV3-GFS starting in a few weeks.    We are hoping to receive approval of
the proposed timeline early next week, and we plan to give a full overview
during next week's MEG meeting.

Link to join the meeting:
https://ncwcp-meet.webex.com/ncwcp-meet/j.php?MTID=m58e26d00
581e1ce66681b6fde91966c1
Meeting number:  905 053 263

Telecon info:
866-756-2072
4546287#    (please mute your phone! and please don't put the call on hold!)

Information on the MEG can be found on the MEG web site:
* http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/
<http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/>mmb/gmanikin/megsite*