[meg.infolist.announce] 8-31 MEG

Geoffrey Manikin - NOAA Federal geoffrey.manikin at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 30 16:34:07 UTC 2017

The next Model Evaluation Group meeting will be held on Thursday August 31
at 11:30 AM EDT in room 2890 of the NCWCP. We will record the meeting
presentation; all recordings and presentations can be found in
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BySqFAN_J6G4cWdpNzBRMkM4ZVE

We will examine Hurricane Harvey.   There is a wealth of material, and the
event is not yet over, so we plan to devote at least one more MEG meeting
to the recap of this historic storm.    This first meeting will cover the
storm through this past Sunday night.

    *Corey Guastini* will discuss track/intensity/QPF forecasts from global
ensemble systems.
    *Tracey Dorian* will discuss track/intensity forecasts from
deterministic models.
    *Geoff Manikin* will discuss model QPF.
    And we welcome new MEG team member *Logan Dawson who* will discuss
experimental FV3 forecasts.

Link to join the meeting:
https://ncwcp-meet.webex.com/ncwcp-meet/j.php?MTID=m58e26d00
581e1ce66681b6fde91966c1
Meeting number:  905 053 263

Telecon info:
866-756-2072
4546287#

Information on the MEG can be found on the MEG web site:
* http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/cguastini/meg/index.html
<http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/cguastini/meg/index.html>*