[Idp.gis.support] Schedule

Kenneth Pelman - NOAA Federal kenneth.pelman at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 28 14:02:10 UTC 2014

Ira,

I believe Martin is coming to College Park on Tuesday to sit down with our
contractors and NCO to discuss a detailed plan (we have the high-level one)
on how to proceed on both the data management scripts and the actual
installation ( in fact, Martin just sent out an invite).   Now that we have
all 3 IDP contractors on board, we have been handing over most of the
technical aspects of this project to them.  Having said that, if you want
to come to College Park on Tuesday to participate in the discussion (from
10-12), I can add you to the calendar invite.

Also, the Core Team has decided a slight change in the roles and
responsibilities for the technical committee members (which you are the NWS
rep).  Realizing that we were asking a lot of the tech committee members,
which they and their Branch Chiefs might not go for, we decided that the
members would still be involved in the approval process and overall tech
recommendations, but as far as getting the service on the dev tier, we are
going to have the content sponsor work directly with the IDP contractors to
get that set up.  This way, we are keeping the tech committee members roles
as advisory and the actual "grunt" work will be handled by the contracting
staff.

If this doesn't make sense, please let me know.  Thanks.

Ken

Kenneth Pelman
Operations Branch
Climate Prediction Center